Are you considering a change in career and like the idea of working in a classroom or returning after a break? Well don’t look any further, we have the right opportunity for you.
Whether you are looking for day to day, short term or long term supply we cover it all. Free training is offered for the right candidate.
We are looking for a confident, patient and passionate person who is ready to jump into the classroom with both feet first. You will need to be adaptable as you could be supporting a range of pupils from 1-1, small groups or the whole class.
If you have the passion to help children learn and develop then we’d love to hear from you. TA roles Level 1 to 3 available.
If you are considering a career in teaching, this role offers real-life, practical classroom experience and the opportunity to later apply for teacher training through Educate.
Who are the Educate Group?
We are a team of teachers; we have walked in your shoes and worked in your world…
As a team, we have over 65 years combined teaching and senior leadership experience and taught across all education sectors. We use our understanding of the education system to help provide you with day-to-day, short and long-term opportunities in schools across the whole of North Wales, Cheshire and Shropshire.
We have trained thousands of PGCE students who gained their Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and provide the necessary training and support to help aid the time you lost in the classroom through Covid-19.
You will often find us alongside our supply staff in schools and will provide you with experience, empathy and a platform to showcase your strengths in the hope of gaining permanent employment.
Who better to support you in your career?
What will I be expected to do?
Your role will involve supporting pupils, either one-to-one or as part of a small group, to help ensure they get the most out of their education. You will be involved in setting up equipment, preparing materials for lessons and the recording of their achievement and progress. You will be also be expected to support and assist the class teacher in the promoting of positive behaviour and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own actions.
What qualifications do I need?
No relevant qualifications, but a good standard of maths and English is necessary. However, a relevant NVQ/CACHE/BTEC, Higher Level Teaching Assistant or undergraduate degree would be beneficial.
What skills or qualities do I need?
The schools we work with are looking for someone who is committed, compassionate and capable of working collaboratively as a team. You will be capable of building nurturing relationships with pupils and have a real empathy for supporting children with a range of support requirements and needs.
What experience do I need?
No experience is necessary; however, it would be beneficial if you have referable child based experience through anyone of the following:
* Cubs, Brownies, Girl Guides etc.
* Teaching Assistant, HLTA, Mentor, Tutor, Sports Coach etc.
* Volunteering as part of university study or college course
* Youth and/or community work
* Pupil Referral Units (PRU's)
What registrations do I need to hold?
* An Enhanced DBS on the Update Service, but if you don’t have one, you will have to apply for a new one through Educate
* If you wish to work in Wales, you will need to register with the EWC (Education Workforce Council)
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
* Free training from our own team of experienced teaching staff
* Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated teachers and senior leaders
* Choice of day-to-day, short and long-term roles
* Opportunities to move into permanent roles with no ‘temp to perm’ restrictions
* Free social events as a way of saying ‘Thank You’
* 24 hours on-call helpline
* All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
* We are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its clients
* We are a member of the REC (Recruitment & Employment Confederation)
* The Educate Group are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children
* As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 – 7 working days.
* Higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment within the required job role or subject area.
* All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on (phone number removed)