Job Ref: BL972
Area(s): North East England
Based: Supervising Social Worker, Barnardo's Fostering and Adoption North East,1 Lumley Court, Drum Industrial Estate, Chester-Le-StreetDH2 1AN
Part Time: 16 hours per week
Salary £10,130 - £13,166 p.a (£23,427 - £30,448 FTE)
To provide advice, support and services to children, young people and their families in accordance with the aims and objectives of the service.
(Attach specifics of Service as applicable)
For Service Users
- To work with children, young people and their families, on a one to one or group basis, using a variety of interventions, to identify needs and to achieve positive outcomes.
- To work in partnership with parents/carers to empower them and to enable them to achieve better outcomes for their children.
- To work co-operatively with children's services, health agencies and other community based services, to provide the most effective service for children young people and families.
- To take responsibility for the more complex cases/situations presenting within the service.
- To contribute to Service development.
- To apply safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- To be responsible for equipment/resources linked to service delivery.
- To be responsible for case note recording, contributing to report writing and producing and keeping management information.
For People (Staff, Students, Volunteers)
- Supervision* of staff, students or volunteers may be expected
*allocating work, day to day supervision and support
For Health and Safety
- To promote, monitor and maintain health safety and security in the working environment
Applicants will be required to undertake a Declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household as the applicant or who lives at their address, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.
Pre-employment checks will be required for the role.
Closing Date: 23/02/2018
Interview Date(s): 06/03/2018