Job Description: Programme Management, Senior Manager
TheProgramme Management team sits at the heart of EYs Financial ServicesTransformation Execution practice. Theteam leads multi-million pound transformation engagements for our clients. We bring together other disciplines across EYConsulting and the wider firm to deliver outcome focussed transformational changefor our clients.
We are experiencing high demand for people with Agile and Digitaltransformation skills and are keen to meet people with experience in theseareas and the following sectors:
- Wealthand Asset Management
- Capital Markets (with the flexibility to workacross other banking sectors)
Our Programme Managementteam consists of deeply experienced and proven Financial Servicesprofessionals, who draw on their knowledge to help clients initiate, recoverand manage large-scale programmes. The team specialises in leading business-criticalchange, whether it be business transformation, IT led or regulatory programmes.
Working closely with ourclients in large organisations; we understand what is really important,offering points of view and advice, supporting them, building confidence andultimately ensuring efficient delivery.
Through the vastexperience our teams offer, we assess situations quickly, apply our thinkingand improve the outcomes for our clients. We are looking to expand by recruitingpeople with an outstanding delivery background in Financial Services, who havethe right attitude and commitment needed to work together on the very largestand most complex programmes in the industry.
Your key responsibilities
- Lead large multi-disciplinary teams to deliver transformationaloutcomes for our clients
- Manage and direct multiple stakeholder communities atvarying levels of experiences and agenda’s and be responsible for overseeingthe relationship
- Ensure that the engagement team’s clientdeliverables provide the outcome the client is seeking: and always on time andto quality
- Ensure effective execution through various deliverymethodologies
- Adopt a pragmatic approach to issuesthat underpin client relationships and clearly demonstrate ‘building a betterworking world’ and the firms’ values
- Utilise existing relationships and develop newrelationships to develop business opportunities
- Be the trusted advisor of clients and be seen inthe marketplace and be recognised as a first-choice solutions provider
- Encourage individual growth through the creationsof a teaming / collaborative environment and being a visible role model to morejunior team members
- Develop people through effectively supervising,coaching, and mentoring staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute toperformance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, includingrecruiting, retaining and training
- Maintain an educational program to continuallydevelop personal skills
Skills and attributes for success
- We are seeking leaders who can prove credibilitywith clients and EY teams, but who are also team players.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are a given
- Highly flexible with a willingness to ‘get theirhands dirty’ as well as providing strategic direction and leadership
- Bring FS knowledge, delivery leadership skills andexperience to the client which they may not have access to internally
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Motivated and shows willingness to move careerforward quickly through a variety of client interactions and assignments thatwill push and challenge you on a daily basis
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Professional delivery certification i.e. PMP, Prince2 or relevant Agile certification such as PSM I, PSPO I, PSL I
- Large Scale delivery experience, in leadership roles(£10-£50m programmes); with Agile exposure a must, together with theflexibility to work across delivery methodologies; Likely to include working asa Programme Director/ Programme Manager Roles as well as Scrum Master, aProduct Owner, or an Agile Coach.
- Significant experience of project andprogramme delivery and of providing consulting services large financial services organisation
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of Agile at Scale i.e. Agile being usedto deliver across multiple teams, business and IT
- Experience of Leadership in both Business andTechnology led transfomation
What we look for
As a Senior Manager, deliveryexcellence comes as standard. You will find yourself leading Programmes andlarge projects for clients. You will useyour experience and Financial Services knowledge to lead the shaping of initiation,advise on governance structures and mentor client leadership through theprogramme lifecycle.
In supportof this we expect a strong background of successful end-to-end project deliveryin blue-chip FS clients and a demonstrable passion for excellence. We expect our recruits to be ambitious andprovide the opportunity for rapid career growth and promotion
What working at EY offers
We offer acompetitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individualand team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes supportfor flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can selectbenefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being,insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus,we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of themost engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progressyour career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role ina way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services,we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed tobuild a better working world. That startswith a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Wheneveryou join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developingthe most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above,please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!