MCS Group is excited to continue their strong relationship with one of NI's largest public sector bodies to bring to market a Senior Engineering Programme Manager to join their growing team on a Fixed Term Contract for 2 years.
Want to work for a recognised public body, and one of the most sought after employers in NI?
You will will lead the development and delivery of the Continuous Improvement Programme within the Engineering Division. The projects will have a wide-ranging focus designed to drive a modernisation agenda within the engineering division, developing teams and equipping them with the skills requirements for the future.
Responsibilities will include:
- To design, develop and deliver a continuous improvement programme across all Engineering locations, to enable the achievement of Engineering objectives and drive the Engineering Modernisation Programme.
- To identify areas for improvement and ensure the correct analysis and assessment of each opportunity for improvement is carried out, thus enabling the effective prioritisation of Engineering activities/projects to drive effectiveness and efficiencies within the division.
- Develop feasibility studies and business appraisals to support Engineering objectives and the continuous improvement programme.
- Leading the planning phase to implement improvement. Plans should clearly define desired outcomes together with time and cost associated to achieve. Risks and issues should be identified together with mitigation steps.
- Identify mechanisms to quantify the success of each project.
- Lead, manage and track multiple improvement projects to ensure successful completion, on time and within budget.
- Ensure that external contractors and companies, providing services on improvement projects, are correctly managed and controlled.
- Monitor and control overall programme budget.
- Attend Divisional Engineering Meetings and prepare reports to update wider engineering team and key stakeholders on project outcomes, including both qualitative and quantifiable results.
- Engage, encourage and develop staff and key stakeholders, including third party contractors, and colleagues from different divisions during projects to build a lasting legacy and culture of continuous improvement.
- Successful implementation will require leading staff and key stakeholders through change management principles.
- Create a culture where team members feel comfortable suggesting improvement ideas and generate mechanisms for the collation of the same.
- Direct line management of Continuous Improvement Team members.
- Participate as a member of the Engineering Leadership team and undertake other duties as may be requested
- Successfully consult with Trade Unions alongside Engineering Managers and HR to ensure the effective implementation of change programmes.
- Minimum of a degree in an Engineering related subject
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Project Management, planning and control processes within an engineering environment. Including proven experience of managing complex projects in a large organisation ideally across multiple sites
- Substantial experience of managing continuous improvement programmes within an engineering/operational environment
- Experienced with trade unions, including communicating project updates, negotiating changes and conflict
- Contract/financial management experience including management of large project budgets
Full details including industry leading salary and unrivalled benefits package will be discussed upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Alan Montgomery, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96 935492
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same… MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.