Senior Compliance Officer (Fire) – Housing Association – About The Client:
Castlefield Recruitment are working with a national housing association who are looking to appoint a Senior Compliance Officer (Fire) on a temporary contract until the end of August 2021.
Senior Compliance Officer (Fire) – Housing Association – About The Role:
- Support the Compliance Manager in the development, implementation and review of the Compliance Management model and Fire Safety policies, procedures and guidance on behalf of the Group, including the provision of Fire Safety training for colleagues, taking into account up to date legislation, amendments to codes of practice, health and safety requirements and industry best practice, proactively adopting new and innovative ideas and solutions to ensure continuous improvement of the service.
- Support the Compliance manager in their role as the Group’s lead advisor for Fire Safety, providing advice and expertise across all services for the lifecycle of buildings including acquisition, design and build, occupation, refurbishment, demolition and disposal, providing technical, procedural, specification and compliance guidance as required.
- Support the Compliance Manager in the scoping, specifying, mobilisation and implementation of all relevant statutory Fire Safety compliance contracts, including assessing the competence of potential suppliers throughout the procurement process and acting as decision maker in terms of successful appointments on behalf of the Group.
- Effectively monitor and report on Fire Safety compliance contracts,, implementing the appropriate performance framework for each contract including service level agreements and key performance indicators, leading performance review meetings and dealing with underperformance including escalation of issues as appropriate.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of data retained in relation to relevant contracts, to ensure compliance with procurement protocols and to enable cyclical and ad hoc analysis to be carried out and relevant reporting as required.
- Analyse, assess and interpret Fire Risk Assessment recommendations for high level risks across the Group, acting as decision maker regarding acceptance of risks, identifying the most appropriate risk mitigation activity required and planning, commissioning and monitoring all activity and control measures to successful completion.
Senior Compliance Officer (Fire) – Housing Association – What You Need:
- In depth knowledge of Fire Safety within Social Housing, including government and industry guidance, British standards, building regulations and the requirements of Fire Safety Order 2005 (RRO).
- Proven track record of managing and delivering effective servicing and maintenance contracts to a large and diverse portfolio of mix tenure properties.
- Effective contract management skills including managing service and maintenance contracts.