* SEN Teacher
* £130+ per day
* Full time position, Monday to Friday
* Secondary SEN School
* To Start Now
* OFSTED rated GOOD
* Location: Redbridge
Looking to work in a centre for excellence in Special Needs Education? We are recruiting for a creative and dynamic SEN Teacher to join this Secondary SEN School in Redbridge, for an immediate start.
This Secondary Special School provides education and training to pupils from the Redbridge borough aged 11-19 with autism, moderate to severe learning difficulties and communication needs. This can include challenging behaviour. There are currently 160 pupils currently on roll, with numbers set to rise next year in response to local needs.
The SEN Teacher will work alongside a team of Specialist teachers, Learning Support Assistants, Family Support Workers, a Team Teach trainer, Behaviour therapists, Pastoral workers, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Lego Therapists and the SENCO. The SEN Teacher will benefit from working in a well-structured SEN environment with outstanding facilities including Outdoor education ( horse riding, sailing, forest conservation), Complex Needs/Autism classrooms (gated play areas, PECs, structured day, Makaton), a Multi-sensory room, Calming rooms , 1:1 teaching and individual counselling.
The school takes pride in being a safe, friendly, caring school that innovative and a source of inspiration in the local Redbridge community. Students are supported to be role models for younger pupils, building self-belief and confidence.
The SEN Teacher will:
* Working in small class settings
* Be supported by 2-3 Teaching Assistants
* Confidently use verbal and non-verbal techniques to support communication
* Have a strong understanding of Autism and Moderate to Severe Learning Difficulties
* Experience using positive behaviour management techniques
* Have relevant education and training to support complex medical needs and PMLD
* Pupils aged 11-19 years old
* Supporting pupils with Autism, Learning Difficulties and Complex Needs
* 160 pupils currently enrolled
* OFSTED rated GOOD
* Fantastic Education and Training opportunities for staff
* Based in Redbridge
What Academics can offer you:
* A dedicated recruitment consultant for the East London area
* A consultative and collaborative approach to recruitment - with a view to supporting you to achieve your career objectives
* Industry advice from a SEN consultant with a background in Special Educational Needs
* Tailored interview and trial preparation to ensure you are feeling confident and well prepared
* A dedicated compliance consultant to manage your file clearance
* An online timesheet portal and PAYE pay options to make things quick and easy