Secondary Teaching Assistant (SEN)
School can change the life of children, especially those with behavioural and emotional needs.
Do you have a passion for supporting pupils with Social Emotional Mental Health needs? Would you love to work with children who have autism, behavioural needs, emotional challenges, or other additional needs?
You’ll be kept busy, working to support children with additional needs. Your day will be varied, supporting children in the classroom to manage their own behaviour and emotions, engage with tasks set by the class teacher, and reach their potential. You’ll by dynamic, resilient, and flexible; dedicated to supporting pupils to achieve and progress. You’ll work on learning activities, promote independence, and encourage pupils to become emotionally literate, and effective communicators.
* In possession of a good standard of education
* Committed to working with pupils with additional needs, in particular; mental health, behaviour, emotional, social, ASD, and co-morbid conditions
* Able to hold student attention and focus with excellent communication skills
* Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions
* Academics are an established and respected education recruiter
* Generous rates of pay
* A dedicated SEN Consultant
* A large number of schools exclusive to Academics
* Honest and friendly service
* Access to our ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
Could this be the role for you? Please call our SEN Education Consultant Laura Terry on 01482 425401, or contact her via email on [email protected] for more information.
Is this role not what you’re looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please get in touch and we’re happy to discuss our opportunities with you!