We are currently recruiting on behalf of a residential home in Newcastle for a permanent Registered General Nurse within a Residential Care Home that provides care to Elderly residents living with Dementia.
The home has an overall "Good" CQC rating and offers additional benefits such as holidays, free uniform and pension schemes.
As a Qualified Nurse (RGN) you will be a professional, highly motivated and caring individual with excellent communication and organisational skills. You will be passionate and enthusiastic about providing person centred care and supporting to make a difference to others.
- Responsible for ensuring high standards of person centred care is delivered by undertaking accurate assessment and planning of care, delivery and ongoing evaluation of the care plans
- Observing and carrying out hand-overs to ensure detail and accuracy of information provided
- Carry out nursing tasks including distribution of medication, dressings, catheterisation, tube feeding and management of chronic medical conditions.
- Collaborate with physicians and team members
- Make certain that residents medical, physical and emotional requirements are met
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained and used effectively
- Motivate colleagues and provide leadership for support staff
- Manage own workload to ensure that the interests of residents are met;
- To communicate and listen effectively
- All applicants must have a valid NMC registration and a valid PIN.
- Self-motivated, resilient and well-organised
- Team player but also be required to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Previous experience working within a nursing home or elderly care setting.
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible to meet the needs of the residents and the home.
- Understanding of the care planning process
Please contact Teagan or Julie at Pin Point with your CV to apply and be considered for the role or contact (phone number removed) for more information