Job Ref: SEA1055
Area(s): South East England
Based: Post Office,7 St. Johns Centre,Hedge End, SOUTHAMPTON, Hampshire SO30 4QU
Part Time: 14.8 hours per week
Salary £9,371 - £12,179 p.a - (£23,427 - £30,448 FTE)
Barnardo's Trafficking Service in Hampshire works to meet the immediate needs of children, focusing on housing and health needs, as well as support around education and future planning. By building trusting relationships, we seek to help children to break free from the relationship with their traffickers.
To work with children, young people and their families, on a one to one or group basis, using a variety of interventions, to identify needs and to achieve positive outcomes.
- To undertake 1-1 visits with young people at risk of or confirmed as being trafficked.
- To undertake full assessment of young persons needs through the effective use of the NRM framework and Guidance.
- To refer on for preventative services in relevant circumstances with the agreement of the young person and as appropriate their parents/carers.
- To formulate and deliver individual programmes to address issues of personal awareness, social and life skills, power and control, abusive relationships, sexual health, exploitation and risk.
To work in partnership with parents/carers to empower them and to enable them to achieve better outcomes for their children.
- To actively encourage the participation of children and young people in the design, delivery, monitoring and review of planned work packages, working at the pace of the individual child or young person.
- To provide consultation on trafficking matters to professionals working with children and young people who have been referred.
- Attendance at Home Office interviews and solicitor appointments to accompany young person
Contribute to Service development.
- To maintain accurate records of work undertaken and to provide summaries and reports as required.
- To be proactive in developing own practice and knowledge through active participation in individual supervision, identification of learning needs and participation in training as appropriate.
- To attend and make a positive contribution to team meetings and briefings as appropriate.
- To complete NRM and risk assessments on children and young people referred to the service as required.
- Supporting potential victims of trafficking from abroad on a 1-1 basis
- Completion of internal trafficking assessment and all other administration and review paper work in line with recording protocol
- To communicate effectively with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, both verbally and in writing; this will include report writing and presentations to groups of people
Safeguarding and child protection procedures.
- To work at all times within the policy and procedures of the service.
- To undertake as required other duties commensurate with the nature of the level of the post.
- Ability to recognise unsafe situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive personal information and to maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- A professional social work qualification, i.e. DipSw, CQSW or CSS, Youth and Community Diploma, teaching degree, nursing degree, Counseling Diploma (desirable).
- Professional Qualification Work with Children (Level 4 health and social care DipSW, etc.) plus 2 years experience in last 5 years,
- Youth Work - Dip. HE in Youth Work, Foundation Degree, BA. Plus 2 years experience in last 5 years.
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in safeguarding and child protection, health education and promotion.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues and impacts of child trafficking.
- Have a current driving licence.
- Have the use of a car to meet the requirements of the post ¿ travelling will be required including outside of Hampshire.
Although this contract has a permanent status, please be aware that this post is subject to funding currently to 31.03.19 and therefore should this funding not be extended further, you may be subject to a redundancy consultation or a TUPE arrangement.
Closing Date: 14/02/2018
Interview Date(s): 27/02/2018