IM - 3D CAD Coordinator/Manager (OIFM40)
Under broad direction, oversees and
performs the full range of activities associated with 3D CAD coordination, management
and system administration activities. Manage system set-up, admin and
maintenance and coordinate the development of the 3D Multi-discipline PDMS
model. Ensure the project specified deliverables can be produced from the model
and that the content complies with the Company and client standards and
conventions. Co-ordinate interfaces between Project and KBR IT Support for the
prompt resolution of CAD application issues. Develop and implement the 3D CAD
management plan incorporating project and contractual requirements. Develop
specifications and procedures. Support personnel in the setup and execution of
CAD management processes and systems and provide user support.
Responsibilities include the management
of the PDMS/E3D 3D model, PDMS global, system administration (Users, DB’s, MoM,
DM, VPE, DRAW) and Clash management. Provide multi-discipline CAD coordination
and user support.
for the creation and implementation of CAD Management policies, plans, specifications
and procedures including naming convention, hierarchy conventions,
attributes/data content and ensuring compliance.
3D model hierarchy and naming conventions to align with Project requirements.
for the development of detailed work instructions and job notes.
for the success of CAD Management activities and deliverables in accordance
with agreed schedules, focused on achieving project goals and objectives.
maintain and improve of CAD Management processes, systems and tools to aid
efficiency and effectiveness.
regularly with multi office CAD teams by use of regular coordination meetings, briefing
sessions to share knowledge, best practices and lessons learned.
and ensures the correct deployment and utilization of CAD Management systems.
of discipline 2D deliverables from PDMS Draft (or E3D Draw)
of regular project Review models.
of supplier 3D model for space reservation and clash detection.
of Project 3D visualisation images, using Navisworks.
software problems and reporting to KBR Service desk
and upgrade of software/application versions
support/troubleshooting of PDMS applications
with IM Data management to provide 3D model progress measurement and
coordinated 2D and 3D data flow
model object engineering and model status reporting.
management and reporting.
management experience of 10-15 years minimum in Offshore Oil & Gas Projects
or large Engineering Project is required.
- University degree
qualification or equivalent oil and gas industry experience.
- Experience of 2D CAD system admin (advantage)
- Comprehensive knowledge of PDMS/ E3D (Smartplant
3D - advantage) and IT.
- PDMS 12.1 knowledge/experience of
Production/Administration Modules – ADMIN, DICE, LEXICON, DESIGN, DRAFT/DRAW,
ISODRAFT, MDS, E3D.
- PDMS Global management and global working
- Knowledge/experience of Model Manager,
Deliverable Manager, VPE, PARAGON/SPECON, Catalogue structures and Aveva
- PDMS or Discipline Design experience for 5 or
- Knowledge of engineering / construction
- PML expressions/programming (an advantage)
- MDS (an advantage)
- PDMS Review/Navisworks and model review
- Review Reality – generating/manipulating the
model of animation
- Development of plans, specification, procedures
and work processes.
- Application training and user support.
- Must be a good communicator (oral and written),
confident, assertive, self-motivated, team leader, goal orientated,
innovative, and proactive.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Must be able to accept responsibility and
understanding of accountability.
- Able to identify & facilitate the
effective resolution of problems, making optimal use of available
- Must be able to interact at all levels of the
- Able to work in a team under minimal
- Be proactive and self-motivated/committed to
- Ability and willingness to travel when
- Experience in Oil & Gas/ Engineering Industry CAD Management.
- Experience in Supervisory/Management of a team required.