Skills: Day Ward Nurse, Ward Nurse, Registered Nurse, Registered General Nurse
Contact Name: Caroline France-Thomas
Contact Telephone: 0161 804 7555
Days to Advertise: 30
Job Industry: Medical and Nursing
Job Reference: VAC-19574
Salary From: £28000.00
Salary Per: annum
Salary To: £28000.00
Part Time Ward Nurse
Pro-Rata £28,000 (medical and nursing)
Part Time Day Ward Nurse required for our private client in Southampton rated as ‘Good’ by the CQC.
Our client is a large independent provider of health care throughout the UK which provides inpatient and day case elective surgery with associated outpatient and diagnostic clinics across 9 specialties: Orthopaedics, Oral Surgery, Gynaecology, General Surgery, ENT (ear, nose and throat), Urology, Eye Surgery, Endoscopy and Pain Management.
As a Day Ward Nurse you will conduct basic ward duties as allocated by the Day Ward Manager, Shift Leader or the Senior Nurse on Duty to meet the standards required by the company in providing a high quality service to patients.
Key responsibilities include: –
- To be responsible for the admission of any new patient to the centre including establishment of a good mutual relationship completing all relevant documentation.
- To liaise with members of the medical and associated professions and ensure that prescribed or recommended treatment is carried out.
- Help to pro-actively monitor levels of patient care and plan new interventions to maintain optimal patient care.
- To undertake any specific duties as delegated by the Unit Manager / Team Leader on an ad hoc basis.
- Escalate any deterioration in patient condition to the appropriate clinician for review.
- To maintain a nurse-led discharge service for all patients having elective day surgery.
- Attend to any post-operative needs for day case patients such as TWOCs and eye sutures where outpatients cannot support the ongoing patient care requirements.
PART TIME: 23 hours per week over 3 days per week between 10am and 8:30pm including two in four Saturdays.
To be successful in this role you will have: –
- NMC registration (Adult Nurse)
- At least 2 years post basic experience
- Up to date sound clinical surgical knowledge
- Awareness of legislative requirements with regards to Health & Safety
- Sound knowledge of Infection control policy and procedures
Excellent salary up to £28,000 per annum pro-rata accordingly for part time
KEYWORDS: Part Time Ward Nurse, Registered General Nurse, RGN, Registered Nurse, Medical and Nursing, Southampton, Day Ward Nurse, private hospital