BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
The Network Infrastructure Principal is the subject matter expert for the Global Network Infrastructure team. This is a highly technical, hands-on role to innovate and drive new solutions, make recommendations to improve the existing infrastructure, plan and execute changes, provide technical assistance and knowledge transfer within the team. The successful candidate will have extensive multi-vendor and technology experience e.g. Cisco, Riverbed, F5, Checkpoint, TCPIP, MPLS, Cloud services…
Duties will include but will not be restricted to:
- Provide technical oversight of Network Infrastructure design.
- Troubleshoot and resolve LAN, WAN, Security issues.
- Perform upgrades to Network Infrastructure.
- Project manage Network Infrastructure deployments.
- Interface with Engineering Projects to define requirements and work issues.
- Interface with vendors and suppliers of services.
- Be prepared to work out of hours.
- Participate in the On-Call Rota.
UK Security Clearance is required to support some parts of the UK IT environment. KBR will coordinate the security clearance
application as required.
Some travel will be required.
- Extensive experience in Multi-Vendor networking environments:
- Dynamic routing protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Riverbed Steelhead WAN optimisation, Cisco IOS (and IOS-XE) Routers and Switches, Layer-3 switching, Cisco Nexus, QoS and configuration of QoS, Cisco ASA/PIX Firewalls, Checkpoint Firewalls, VRF, Wireless - Cisco Controllers and AP’s, 802.1q, 802.1x, TACACS, RADIUS, ISE, P2P VPN, DMVPN, WAN services – Ethernet, VPLS, MPLS, Satellite… Best practice Internet Infrastructure Design, Packet level investigation – Wireshark.
Proactive and innovative.
LAN/WAN Problem Solving Skills.
Ability to work to standards as part of a Global Network team.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Able to work under pressure – Project deadlines, fault-finding or working issues/incidents.
Able to manage workload and prioritise.
Comfortable in customer facing situations.
- Riverbed Steelhead experience.
- Multi-Vendor Routing and Switching.
- Knowledge of Skype for Business (a plus).
- IP Telephony – SIP, ISDN-PRI, Voice debugging
- An understanding of ITIL principles – Change, Incident