Position Summary / Purpose
We are looking for a highly motivated, solutions driven individual with a proven Materials Purchasing and Supplier Management track record. You will be a change agent able to demonstrate previous experience of process improvement within an MRP/ERP environment across a cross functional team. With a highly developed communication style you will be able to interact at all levels of the business. You will be well organised and possess excellent time management skills, demonstrate good attention to detail and be a confident decision maker.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Stock management including working with sales on customer forecasting
* Collaborating with the Planning team to understand production demand in order to meet required stock availability targets.
* Maintain excellent knowledge of market and industry developments and assess possible implications for the business
* Utilize all available market data to identify trends and assess competition to ensure delivery of optimum product offer
* Regularly reviewing performance indicators, KPI’s to improve the business
* Reacting to changes in demand and logistics
* Supplier agreements - negotiation, set-up and management
* Manage and develop key strategic relationships with suppliers both in the UK and internationally
* Supplier business reviews responsibility
* Supplier development
* Process improvement identification
* Negotiate product cost and rebates where applicable
* Cost reduction projects and objectives
* Achieve optimum cost through effective negotiation, supplier management and identification of the most cost effective sourcing routes
* Help develop and Implement appropriate sourcing solutions to meet strategic needs
* Develop effective working relationships across all internal departments
* Liaising with other departments within the organization to ensure projects are completed
* Liaising with shop floor personnel to ensure supply meets demand
* To represent the business core values at all times
Experience - Essential:
* Comprehensive use and understanding of MRP/ERP systems
* Proven ability to manage own time effectively, whilst working to tight deadlines.
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
* Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
* The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload.
* A willingness to help others and go the extra mile to meet targets and objectives
* Excellent internal/external customer service skills
Desirable: A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a Purchasing role within a Manufacturing/ Construction organisation would be advantageous.
Citizenship - be a British citizen, or an EU/EEA national, Commonwealth citizen or foreign national with Indefinite Leave to Remain or Pre-Settled/Settled status and no restrictions on your stay in the United Kingdom
Position Summary / Purpose