Randstad Engineering is recruiting for an experienced maintenance engineer to work with a world leading manufacturing company based in Peterborough. This role will support the Mechanical Services in the Facilities Department, reporting directly to the Facilities Team Leader, this position is based at the dedicated state of the art facility for performance development and product validation.
This vacancy is a servicing and maintenance position, with emphasis on electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience. The role will assist engineers in conducting technical investigations of current and future product, components, materials and processes both in laboratory and field environments. Operating in a fast paced and professional technical environment, this role will provide an interesting variety of responsibilities and activities, with the opportunity to work both as part of a wider team and independently utilising initiative.
* Evaluating new products and processes alongside the engineers
* Practical, hands-on responsibility for servicing of various components and equipment
* Operating test equipment and conducting investigations
* Test bed decommissioning and installation work
* Total Preventative Maintenance of machining tools
* Modifications to plant and equipment
* Either HNC qualification in electro-mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
* Theoretical knowledge or experience of pneumatics and hydraulic systems
* The capacity for continuous learning
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
* TPM knowledge
* 17th edition electrical regulation qualification preferred but not mandatory
* RS Logix 5000 and Programmable Logic Controls software is highly desirable
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.