MCS Group is looking for an experienced Java Engineer for a long-term contract opportunity in Belfast. The Contract Java Engineer will work in a hands-on development capacity on a global suite of applications, used millions of times every day. As contract Java Engineer, you will be a champion for best-practice development standards, and work with a household name in FinTech.
This opportunity will appeal to both established software contractors, and experienced Java Engineers moving into the contract market. It offers a potential long-term contract opportunity, and the chance to work on applications that we use every single day. For more information, please click to apply!!!
- This role is predominantly back-end Java development, although any UI experience is a nice-to-have as some projects have an element of UI Development as well.
- You will have extensive hands on development experience with Java, ideally within the financial domain.
- Good Linux experience is essential for the role.
- The ideal candidate will have payments experience from a previous role or have worked on high profile projects in the fintech sector.
- The successful candidate will be a champion for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment.
- If successful, you will work alongside a team of incredibly talented developers and will both learn and contribute to the knowledge transfer within the team.
- This client can accommodate a notice period, so immediate availability is not essential.
- The initial contract is for 6 months, with long term extension potential.
Daily rate: £450 - £500 per day (depending on experience.)
IR35 Status: Inside
Location: This role will be based on site in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Jill Johnston, Manager- IT Contracts at MCS Group 028 9023 5456.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.