A fantastic opportunity has emerged for a Housing Strategy Officer to join one of Badenoch & Clark's leading local authority clients in a temporary assignment for the next 3-6 months.
Based in Essex but working from home due to Covid-19, this is a full time role (36 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and you will be expected to ensure the delivery of high-quality strategic support for the Council's housing services by:
* Leading on the review and development of key housing strategies and policies, including consulting with key stakeholders and briefing staff on important changes.
* Driving the implementation of the Social Housing White Paper requirements and generally ensuring the Council's compliance with its statutory and legal obligations as set out in housing and other relevant legislation as well as performance against its own actions plans.
* Keeping abreast of critical external changes to housing legislation and potential funding opportunities.
* Coordinating housing responses to government consultation.
You will need:
* A degree or equivalent professional qualification or relevant work experience in Housing.
* Demonstrable experience of successfully developing policy and strategies ideally in a local authority environment.
* The ability to draft, consult and provide briefings on policies and strategies in a clear and effective way to all audiences, including stakeholders, residents and elected Members.
* Thorough and up to date knowledge of policy and strategy issues, together with the ability to analyse data effectively using management systems and software applications.
* The ability to manage complex workload including competing priorities, achieving targets and responding quickly and flexibly to changing needs and demands.
* A commitment to delivering excellent customer service and a clear understanding of what this means in a social housing context.
Whilst you will be working from home, there may be times throughout your temporary assignment where you may occasionally need to visit our client's office (when safe) as part of the role.
Previous local government experience would be ideal, but is not essential. Interviews will take place virtually in mid/late April with a view to the successful candidate commencing this assignment in late April 2021.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria need apply.Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy