Group Finance Manager – York – £50,000 - £60,000
Castlefield Recruitment are working as a retained partner with Park Leisure to identify a high calibre Group Finance Manager to join their York based team in a newly created role.
Park Leisure operates 11 premium holiday home parks throughout the UK, in stunning country and coastal locations. Founded in 1998 and now backed by private equity funding, Park Leisure enjoyed very strong 2020 sales figures with a turnover of c.£50m.
Operating within the UK holiday home sector, they are extremely well placed for growth both as the economy recovers from the pandemic and in the long term as climate change forces changes to travel habits.
As part of these growth plans, Park Leisure are looking for a talented Accountant to join the team in a Group Finance Manager role. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the role will be accountable for;
- Supporting the Financial Controller, Leadership Team and wider Business
- Managing the Operational Accounts Team effectively to achieve the team and company objectives
- Managing the month end process and support the delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting
- Supporting the delivery of timely and accurate capital expenditure reporting
- Supporting delivery of the Group's year end reporting, including the annual audit process
The position will be best suited to a qualified Accountant seeking to progress their career within industry and develop experience in a fast-paced private equity environment. Key responsibilities will include;
- Manage the month end process, ensuring all deadlines are met, including reporting to the Leadership Team
- Group reporting for Caravan Sales, Holidays, F&B, Leisure & Overheads
- Produce monthly Group Balance Sheet & Cashflow for review with the Financial Controller
- Ownership of Parent company P&L and Balance Sheets
- Leadership and park support on cost analysis & management
- Develop cost monitoring model for visibility of committed spend against budget
- Ownership of the FAR & Capex reporting, including depreciation
- Weekly cashflow analysis & forecasting for review with the Financial Controller
- Quarterly VAT returns
- External reporting to ONS
- Assist in the year end close and preparation of the Statutory Accounts
- FCA/stakeholder reporting
The successful candidate will hold;
- Accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Significant experience working within Practice or Industry, ideally with exposure to large/complex/group companies
- Ability to lead a finance team effectively
- Advanced Excel and finance system skills
For more details, please click the link below and to apply for the position please use the link provided, visit the Castlefield website, or contact Josh Watson via LinkedIn.