Are you currently looking for an exciting route into teaching?
Are you a graduate who is looking for a rewarding career within a variety of Stoke-on-Trent secondary schools?
Due to a recent high demand from our Stoke-on-Trent partnership secondary schools during these unpredictable times, Academics are looking to recruit positive & enthusiastic Graduate Cover Supervisors!
What is a Cover Supervisor?
Cover Supervisors are used in secondary schools to provide cover for a class when a teacher is not available. They are employed on a flexible and day-to-day basis to ensure that a teacher can have time away from the classroom to carry out other duties (planning, assessment, or training days). They may also cover lessons for teachers who are away from school due to sickness or for other absences. An Cover Supervisor is not responsible for planning, teaching, or assessing a lesson. The class teacher will set work for students to complete and the Cover Supervisor will ensure that pupils remain on task by managing behaviours.
As an Academic's Graduate Cover Supervisor, you will need:
* A positive can do attitude to respond to busy schools. Calls for work can be on the day from 7:00am in the morning!
* Able to get to schools in Stoke-on-Trent by 8.30am with 30-60 minute's notice.
* Can work flexible between Monday to Friday. Usual working hours are between 8.30am-3.30pm.
* Hold a current DBS that is registered with the Update Service or to be prepared to apply for a new DBS with ourselves (cost applied).
* Desirably, at least 6 week's experience in an environment working with children or adolescents.
We welcome applications from graduates with experience of:
* Working as a Teaching Assistant in Primary, Secondary or SEN schools
* Sports Coaching/Youth work
* Drama or Art Workshops/ Drama School/ Theatre in Education
* Working in Sunday Schools, Mosques or Synagogue schools
* After School Club/Summer Camp
* Scouts/Guides/Brownies /Cubs/Rainbows
* Outdoor Activities Instructor/Duke of Edinburgh
* Teaching abroad, teaching adults or tutoring
* Or any other experience of working with groups of children.
If you are interested in flexible and daily cover supervisor work and have the relevant experience of working with young people click 'APPLY NOW' today to submit your application for this exciting role.