Purplebricks is a unique hybrid estate agency. Having successfully disrupted the market with a strong focus and utilisation of technology and data, we are now the UK’s largest estate agent, selling more homes than anyone else in the market.
Purplebricks is helping clients save millions of pounds in commission through our innovative service - combining the personal touch of Local Property Experts with cutting-edge technology and comprehensive support from our fantastic Central Property, Home Purchase, and Post Sales teams, all enabling us to deliver an amazing customer experience. We’re proud to say we’ve revolutionised the way people buy, sell, and let, with our focus on people, not just property.
Financial Controller Opportunity...
The Financial Controller is a highly visible and critical role within the Finance function. The key purpose of the role is to lead and manage all aspects of management accounts reporting, including month end, and feeding into statutory reporting. The role also includes management of the AP and expenses function. Other aspects of the role include the requirement to improve and rebuild all key processes and reporting, through standardisation and automation. Role will also focus on various pieces of ad-hoc project work supporting internal and business change. Ideal for an ambitious individual looking for a challenge in an exciting and fast paced environment.
- Lead of manage all aspects of month end and reporting
- Lead, manage and development team of 4/5
- Lead Accounts Payable / Expenses function
- Half year and Year end reporting
- Management of external audit queries
- Improving process and control environment with focus on automation
- Create and submitting VAT returns via MTD
- Cashflow forecasting and tracking
- Management of accounting system
- Supporting business change and projects
- You are a dynamic, ambitious, driven individual
- You are comfortable using your own initiative, thriving in an environment that promotes and encourages continuous improvement
- You're a clear communicator and enjoys liaising with various stakeholders
- You are able to demonstrate resilience and are willing to adapt/flex to fast paced, ever changing environments
What experience do we think would suit this role?
- Fully CIMA/ACCA qualified- ideally 3 years post qualified experience
- Experience in the "Big 4" accountancy firms would be highly beneficial
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, ideally for a large brand/client
- Recent experience in industry
What’s in it for you?
- £60,000- £65,000 per annum basic salary
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Remote working
- Opportunity to join a true disrupter and market leader, that continues to challenge the status quo
If this sounds like you, please apply by clicking the link.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, ex-service personnel status, or disability status.