Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Northampton, Coventry, Leicester, Peterborough
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
Our client is a leading manufacturer of vehicle lifting equipment. They have a requirement for a Field Service Engineer to join the team in the Northampton, Coventry, Leicester or Peterborough area, you will be required to travel around the M6 corridor and into Norfolk / Suffolk. You must hold a strong mechanical engineering background. Experience of maintaining vehicles/ forklifts/ vehicle lifts or similar would be advantageous.
SALARY £26,000 - £28,000, OVERTIME AVAILABLE, COMPANY VEHICLE, LAPTOP, MOBILE, POWER TOOLS, PENSION SCHEME
Please note that this role will include some overnight stays therefore you must be prepared to stay away from home when needed.
Service Engineer Responsibilities:
- Liaison with customers on site; carry out routine maintenance and service of a range of loading bay equipment and industrial doors
- Identify faults and carry out any necessary repairs
- Identify damage repairs and advise customers on improvements to prevent future damage to equipment
- Complete reports of maintenance/repairs and ensure all documentation is completed within the required timescale.
- Provide estimates of repair work timescales and identify parts for customer repair quotations.
Service Engineer Applicant Requirements:
- You must hold a relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering i.e NVQ, City & Guilds.
- Proven mechanical engineering background.
- Ability to fault find and read electrical wiring diagrams.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Hold full clean driving licence.
- IT Literate.
Service Engineer Benefits:
- Monday to Friday – 7am – 5pm.
- Company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone.
- Power tools, materials, work wear and PPE provided.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Company pension scheme.
- Full training on company products.
NOTE: My client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy – Marine Engineer, British Army – REME Vehicle Mechanic, Royal Engineer, Royal Air Force – Aircraft Technician