Department:Lifestyles & Work
Salary Details:£18240 per annum, pro rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:05 Mar 2018
Hours Per Week:22
Interview Date:7th and 8th of March
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
• providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
• providing advice through our help lines and web sites
• campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability want
We are looking for Employment Coordinators to work in our Denton service on a 22-hour contract running until the end of March 2019.
You will be delivering Learning disability awareness training to organisations in the Greater Manchester area. You will also be supporting people with a learning disability into work placements and supporting them in these roles and ensuring they have the skills to move them forward into paid employment opportunities. You will also be contacting organisations and promoting the work that we do at Mencap and the benefits of employing someone with a learning disability.
You will need to be confident in delivering training and cold calling organisations. You will also need to be able to work on your own initiative and develop our local services through proactive approaches. Good interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills and the ability to work confidently with clients, employers, and other professionals is essential. The ability to maintain accurate and up to date records using IT based systems is required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to positively help people with a learning disability and challenge attitudes towards learning disability as a whole.
Does this sound like you….? If the answer is yes, then we you like to hear from you!!
Vacancy ID 12026
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract