The THOMAS Recruitment Group are recruiting on behalf of an FMCG Company in Cwmbran. Our client is seeking an Electrical Shift Engineer to join their team.
Hours: 4 shift continental pattern working 8 hour shifts from Sunday to Saturday (not including a Saturday night shift) with 6 hour shifts worked on a Saturday morning and afternoon.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Carry out planned maintenance and reactive activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan contained within the CMMS.
* Proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications.
* Undertake training as required to further enhance individual’s skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the front-line operations remains effective and efficient.
* Train others so that they can carry out their expected work duties to the required standards.
* Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions using problem-solving skills, tools, and techniques.
* In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the workload for the overall benefit of the site performance.
Skills & Experience
* Time-served Electrical Engineer
* Strong PLC skills
* Carry out planned maintenance activities and repair breakdowns
* Covering electrical but also some mechanical responsibilities
* Have a HNC / B-tech or equivalent in a relevant field
* You will need to have experience from within a manufacturing environment
* Experience of a food manufacturer would a bonus it is not essential.
The THOMAS Recruitment Group are an Employment Business. We supply temporary, contract and permanent staff to various companies throughout the UK to various sectors.
Located in South Wales, Midlands & the South West, we recruit for temporary and permanent job roles across the following core areas:
INDUSTRIAL | DRIVING | FMCG | PROFESSIONAL | ONSITE