Job title: Electrical Engineer Electrical Design Engineer
Start date: ASAP
Salary: to £50,000+ £550 pm car allowance + great bens
Working for this international market leader in renewable energy, the purpose of this role is to produce electrical design of gas powered generation and CHP plants/Diesel powered generation plants, providing input and support at all stages of a project from sales through to installation.
As the Electrical Engineer / Electrical Design Engineer the majority of time will be spent translating and developing concepts into designs to meet the functional and contractual specifications of secured orders.
Responsibilities as the Electrical Engineer / Electrical Design Engineer
- Translate and develop concepts into designs to meet the functional and contractual specifications of secured orders, developing and detailing specifications, producing calculations and making component selection.
- Support and assist in the sales stage of a project by taking responsibility for ensuring that conceptual design and tender preparation documents are provided to meet the timescales and quality standards required for presentation to the customer/potential customer.
- Liaise with Mechanical Design Engineer in identifying the project requirements and on the development of the detailed design.
- Liaise with CAD draughtsman, coordinating and leading activity in order to ensure that the design packages are produced to the required timescales and standards of quality.
- Provide support to the Project Manager during the design, installation commissioning and testing phases of the project, ensuring the timely production of all necessary documentation.
- Liaise as necessary with existing and potential customers and their representatives.
- Participate, and where appropriate lead, HAZOP and risk assessment studies.
- Ensure that there is full adherence to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality management policies and procedures in all work undertaken.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills required by the Electrical Engineer / Electrical Design Engineer
- Good IT skills- Microsoft Office.
- Current knowledge of the engineering design software available in the market place.
- Project management.
- Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of etap® 18 Power System Software
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
Essential experience required
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (HNC/HND if supported by substantial relevant experience)
- Experience of working in an associated industry with a background in power generation (between 1-25MW)
- Knowledge of low and of medium voltage power trains and associated control and instrumentation.
- Professional registration.
- Experience in CHP
On offer is:
Salary to £50,000 pa
£550 per month car allowance
25 days holiday
Death in Service (3 x salary)
Contributory Pension Scheme (the Co
To apply for the role of Electrical Engineer / Electrical Design Engineer please click apply now.