As part of the electrical engineering team you will be
involved in the design of electrical systems for the oil and gas and / or power
including renewable energies industries. This may be a conceptual study or
front end engineering design (FEED) or a design execution involving, the
procurement of all equipment and detailed drawings for the construction and
commissioning of an entire facility.
- A minimum of an HNC in Electrical
Engineering with relevant industry experience
- Able to communicate effectively
- Must have experience with 2D
drafting of schematics and electrical layouts drawings
- Experience of a 3D CAD modelling
would be an advantage particularly in PDMS, PDS or S3D
- Experience of working at site
would also be an advantage.
- Guiding designers within the team.
- Leading the design team for
projects including management / oversight of the design team in satellite
- Involved in projects from concept
to detailed design through to construction, testing and handover.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary
project team, which is likely to include engineers and designers from
other specialism’s including mechanical, structural, civil and
instrumentation. liaising with clients and contractors;
- Taking an active role in the
design of electrical system which may involve layout discussions,
drafting, designing and sizing equipment.
- Select and apply the relevant
codes and standards applicable to the electrical systems design.
- Interfaces with other designers in
- Responsible for the delivery of
the design part of the project including:
- Development of the MTOs (material take-offs).
- Design of lighting and small power systems
- Design of cable rack and cable routing in a 3D environment
- Design of Earthing and Lightning protection systems.
- Production of Cable Schedule and drumming schedules
- Schematic and Wiring Diagram Production.
- · PDMS / E3D / S3D / PDS
- · Autocad / Microstation