We are recruiting for an experienced customer services advisor to work at a client site in Newcastle. The ideal candidate will have gained previous experience working within a similar role. This is a contract role for circa 12 months paying £8.46p/h + holiday pay. There are full time and part time positions available.
Providing comprehensive advice and information on a range of services via the telephone, face to face and other electronic channels. To provide a frontline service for all internal and external customers acting as a first point of contact. Duties to include providing comprehensive advice and information on a range of Council services.
To work within and actively promote the Council's Customer Service Standards, acting as an ambassador within the service area and wider Council.
1. To assist in the supervision and maintenance of day-to-day processes and routines to ensure delivery of an efficient and effective customer service function, including administrative, financial and support services routines, as commensurate with the level of the post.
2. To provide advice and information on a range of services including environment, housing, council tax and benefits enquiries.
3. To receive, process and issue a range of applications for services.
4. To signpost customers to other services and events.
5. To receive and process any complaints, comments or suggestions, resolve where possible at first point of contact or pass to relevant team appropriate to the level of responsibility of this post.
6. To process payments, be responsible for cash handling, banking routines, emergency payments and maintaining accurate records, adhering to all audit requirements as required.
7. To adhere to established procedures for each service request, adhering to agreed Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and quality standards to maximise customer satisfaction.
8. Undertaking relief duties at other service points as required, including dealing with enquires via a range of access methods including: face to face, telephone (Contact Centre), post and email, appropriate to the level of the post with appropriate support and training.
9. Contributing towards the promotion of services.
10. Assisting in appropriate project work and activities, appropriate to the level of the post.
11. Ensuring compliance with all regulations, guidelines and procedures appropriate to the level of responsibility of this post.
13. Maintaining personal development, training and awareness appropriate to the level of responsibility of the post, in line with the clients commitment to staff training and development.
This list is typical of the level of duties expected of the postholder. It is not exhaustive, and other duties of a similar type and level will be required.
1. Ability to work to a high standard of accuracy that ensures prompt, efficient and effective service delivery.
2. Specific standards and objectives will be agreed with your line manager on a regular basis.
3. Variable hours of work and located at any site within North Tyneside including Customer Service Centres and the Quadrant.
What to Do:-
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer