Amazon is seeking a Project Manager to support the Global Payroll Controllership processes.
The Payroll Controllership (PC) team strives to ensure global payroll financial, data security and operational risks are identified and prioritized for mitigation through inspection, awareness, training, creation of self-service mechanisms, and enhancement/development of efficient control.
We are looking for a strong leader that will dive deep into processes and who is adept at driving change within a very dynamic global business environment with a proven record of delivering process efficiency results. It is expected that the individual will ensure Amazon's Finance Business processes stay ahead of risks associated with growth in areas of process design, internal control effectiveness, computer system integration, and other relevant areas. The preferred candidate will have outstanding auditing skills, problem solving skills, Payroll process and system knowledge, and customer service passion.
- Identify and tackle intrinsically hard problems regardless if they are in your defined scope (e.g., highly complex, ambiguous, significant finance or business risk or impact).
- Drive strategic process initiatives and projects in partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Drive mechanisms and establish efficient frameworks to enhance customer experience.
- Global Payroll Project Management Experience
- BS/BA degree Accounting/Finance, or related field
- 8+ years of relevant Accounting/Finance experience
- Understanding of SOX and other control frameworks
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on milestone driven projects.
- Technical skills with MS Access and MS Excel Office, MS SharePoint,VBA, macros, knowledge of SQL, Tableau and/or Power BI.
- Master's degree in Accounting/Finance
- “Big 4” experience and/or equivalent audit / business controls experience
- Professional licenses or certifications (e.g., CIMA, ACCA, ACA, or CPA)
- Able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
- Willing to learn and ability to quickly acquire knowledge.