- Reference number
- East Midlands
- Sub location
- Project Management
- Employment type
- Full Time - Permanent
- Hourly Rate Bands
The Communications Public Liaison Officer will be responsible for sharing information relating to the work that we are undertaking with members of the public and other key stakeholders.
The candidate will work closely with the Interserve project team, the clients’ project manager, communications team and press office to enable efficient flow of information to raise awareness of the work we are undertaking, manage expectations, respond to customer complaints and highlight good news stories.
The candidate will be expected to capture feedback from external parties and share this with the project team to help shape the way they plan and deliver work, to reduce the impact on the community.
The candidate should be customer focussed, confident when dealing with stakeholders, and be a good representative for Interserve Construction.
The candidate will have experience in a similar role, ideally in the highways or construction industry, and should be comfortable when explaining complex projects to non-technical audiences.
In addition the CLO will provide information and support to the bid team in preparing Quality Submissions.
- Work with the project team to identify the work being planned, and understand the likely impact on road users, residents and other stakeholders.
- Carry out stakeholder assessments of the areas in which we are working to identify residents and businesses who will need to kept informed of our projects.
- Create and maintain a stakeholder liaison database.
- Produce stakeholder notification letters and organise letter drop distribution.
- Produce online newsletters and stakeholder bulletin briefings.
- Consider other channels to publicise our work and ways of engaging with the public.
- Organise stakeholder briefing and engagement events.
- Organise public information events.
- Organise individual meetings with members of the public and businesses who may have more complex needs.
- Collate and share feedback from stakeholders with the project team to ensure that the needs of road users, residents, businesses and other stakeholders are taken into consideration when planning and delivering work – creating a of positive reputation for the project, Interserve Construction, and the client.
- Support with the clients’ project manager, press office and communications team to provide works information to the media, and to respond to press enquiries.
- Respond to enquiries from the public, in accordance with guidelines specified by the client.
- Maintain a communications and stakeholder activity tracker which documents the steps taken to maintain good relationships with the community.
- Undertake site visits to experience our work from the perspective of members of the public, identifying how signage can be made clearer and how sites can be kept clean, tidy and in good order.
- Support the project team with the Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) in order to ensure that our sites remain compliant and to help capture and disseminate best practice across the business.
- Establish a rapport with the workforce, raising the profile of customer care best practice and helping to manage any developing issues.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the client, helping to respond to requests for information, attending client meetings and helping to nurture a collaborative and productive environment between the client and Interserve Construction.
- Collate good news stories from the project, and support the bid writing team with their work to secure new business.
- CITB Level 1 Safety Awareness;
Appropriate CSCS card;
- Behaviour 1: Supportive of others in their goals;
- Behaviour 2: Trust and respect; deliver your work on time, be open and transparent, respect confidential information;
- Behaviour 3: Challenge constructively;
- Behaviour 4: Issue resolution: embrace issues and try to find solutions but always escalate to leaders when they cannot be resolved;
- Behaviour 5: Innovation and continual improvement; be prepared to explore new opportunities, voice your ideas and be creative;
- Behaviour 6: Engagement; Listen, communicate, respond promptly;
- Behaviour 7: Accountability; take responsibility for your actions, understand your job role;
- Confident in engaging with stakeholders and members of the public;
- Represent Interserve Construction in a professional and efficient manner;
- Effective communicator – orally & written;
- Organised and able to manage all responsibilities in a time conscious manner;
- Great attention to detail;
- Good decision maker;
- Ability to manage and direct other staff;
- Proactive and enthusiastic;
- Sets high standards in safety and quality;
- Systematic/organised, enthusiastic, confident, personable;
- Resourceful and reliable.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced Communication Liaison Officer to work from various sites based from our office in Alfreton. This role is offered on a full time and permanent basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary, plus company car/allowance, flexible benefits, 26 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance.
As part of our recruitment process all job offers are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
- Central government
- Energy and utilities
- Local government
- Welfare to work
- Support services
- Sustainability case studies
- Board of directors
- Business presentations and events
- Contract wins
- Financial calendar
- Financial highlights
- Financial reports and results
- Share price tools
- Shareholder information
- About Interserve
- Latest news
- Contact us
- Site map
- Terms and conditions
See more clients and case studies
© 2018 Interserve Plc | Registered in England No: 88456
Registered Office: Interserve Plc, Interserve House,
Ruscombe Park, Twyford, Reading, Berkshire, RG10 9JU