Job Title: Casual Chef
Location: Newcastle United Football Club - NE1 4ST
Salary: Competitive Rates plus Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Casual - Temporary
Casual Chef Job Introduction:
We currently have an opportunity for a Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
Casual Chef Main Responsibilities:
* Preparation and cooking of food
* Ensuring the kitchen areas are clean and tidy
* Health and safety regulations, ensuring they are followed at all times
* Delivering a world class customer experience to our customers and staff
* Assisting in all areas of the kitchen for breakfast, lunch, evening meal and hospitality 5 out of 7 days per week. (No split shifts)
* To organise and assist in the preparation and presentation of all food service at the required time, and as laid down in the Service Level Agreement, and the clients, customers and Sodexo's satisfaction.
* To ensure that all food prepared with due care ad attention, particularly in relation to customer's special dietary requirements, for example nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
* To ensure that the company's legal and mandatory documentation is completed.
The Ideal Casual Chef:
* Experience, ideally in a contract catering related environment
* Good customer service and communication skills
* Demonstrative ability to work in a team work
* Show the ability to follow instructions and supervise a small team
* Basic Food Hygiene and Basic Health and Safety certificates are advantageous but not essential
* Proven track record of employment within the catering industry
* Must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:- City and Guilds 706/1 and 2, NVQ level 2 and possess a basic level food safety certificate
* Good numerical and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication
* Knowledge of health & safety and food safety
* Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
* Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards
* IOSH and CIEH qualifications or equivalent
* Flexibility on work schedule will be required at times
About The Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland
Apply below today