Working with a well known reputable school with high standards. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated to work hard and take real pride in keeping the school in excellent condition.
The School Caretaker Position involves:
The Caretaker identifies with the schools ethos and understands the importance of organisational excellence and how it underpins and supports the proposition of an excellent education for all of its students.
The role involves general maintenance, sweeping and light cleaning to keep the school and the up keep of the grounds. In addition, there are the normal caretaking duties that usually take place in a busy school.
Ideally you will have experience of working as a Caretaker within a school setting together with:
* experience of opening/locking up premises.
* Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Painting & Decorating basics.
* Working as part of a team
* Maintain site security
* Key holder on alarm call-out list
* Ability to undertake general maintenance & repairs
* Good level of fitness to be able to undertake labouring aspects of duties e.g. porterage moving bins, sweeping playgrounds, gardening
* Cleaning not covered by Contractors
* Painting and decorating
* Developing & maintaining effective working systems and procedures
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
* IT skills – working knowledge of email and ability to search for & access web-based information
* Able to complete online training courses.
The successful candidate will have to undergo an enhanced DBS check to satisfy legal requirements regarding working on a site with children present.