We are currently recruiting for Chefs to join Berry Recruitment, for Care Facility positions based in and around Darlington, on a temporary cover basis.
Candidate are required to have an Enhanced DBS certificate, which Berry can process on your behalf if this is not something you are in possession of.
Candidates must have professional experience and qualifications, and be comfortable being in the kitchen alone for some shifts. Candidates are also required to have experience in puree/soft diets, due to the nature of these environments.
Main duties include:
- Food preparation and reheating prepped meals
- Labelling of prepared foods for Clients rooms where required
- Using heaters and hot plates, microwaves and ovens
- Making up cold suppers such as sandwiches and puddings
- Follow menus, however you must have the ability to prepare other meals, as patients may request something alternative to the menu e.g. soup, ice cream etc.
- Cleaning kitchen areas and used pots/pans
Chef Whites and suitable kitchen footwear will be required on all premises, along with face masks and any other applicable uniform, as and where required by each individual Client.
Pay rates for these roles are between £12 - £18 per hour, depending on Client and Shift Days (Weekend Uplift)
For more information, please call the Darlington Branch and ask for Sophie Knox.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job