* Experienced Body Electronics engineer with an understanding of Functional Ownership and Functional Safety (FuSi) systems
* Responsible for the delivery of Comfort Systems and Components across all vehicle platforms, from specification through validation to engineering sign off.
* Responsible for defining function level requirements and the corresponding specification of the system /component design requirements.
* Working with other component owners to define test plans that support functional and FuSi sign off for systems/components in area of responsibility.
* Develop and maintain the function/system/component delivery plan by working with key stakeholders both internally and externally within the wider client Group
* Facilitate Cross Functional Design Reviews with key stakeholders within the client to ensure delivery against the relevant project milestones.
* Undertake Component and Vehicle based testing here in Crewe, at the Supplier or at Group testing facility.
* Work with our suppliers and Group partners to ensure parts are delivered to cost and quality.
* Follow engineering processes to deliver components/systems at the right time, to the appropriate quality.
* Support root cause analysis, demonstrating a working knowledge of DFMEA/PFMEA and Fault Tree analysis.
* Liaise with our Group counterparts to keep abreast of new technology, new processes, share information, project planning, and to resolve problems
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Educated to a Degree level in Engineering.
* Ability to communicate at various levels across the company in different forums
* Be able to demonstrate good design and development skills
* Ability to work autonomously and manage their own deliverables
* Ability to influence colleagues within your area of responsibility
* Understanding of financial limits within area of responsibility
* Experienced in Hardware and Software development for automotive electronic control units
* Have an understanding of ISO26262 and relevant vehicle safety standards
* Ability to travel internationally and work flexibly as required
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.