London, Greater London, GB, E9 5QG
Department: Maintenance Services
Operation: Sanctuary Maintenance
Requisition Number: 37140
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Assistant Operations Manager
£40,384 per annum (rising to £42,510 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have a challenging yet rewarding opportunity for an Assistant Operations Manager to join our Sanctuary Maintenance Team based in Kingsmead, London. This role will support the delivery of high quality maintenance service responding to customer, organisational and financial needs across London.
The role of Assistant Operations Manager will include:
- Assisting with the production and implementation of local plans that guarantee service delivery, respond to customer requirements and expectations
- Supporting the operational delivery of a cost effective maintenance service operating within appropriate financial policies, procedures and budgets
- Assisting in the effective management of maintenance services, ensuring business targets and contributing to development opportunities
- Supporting the co-ordination, communication and maintenance of relationships with both internal and external customers, identifying any shortfalls in service delivery to ensure they are dealt with appropriately
- Drafting, reviewing and implementing updated policies and procedures, ensuring the effective application of good practice and legal compliance
Skills and experiences:
- Hold a degree, management qualification or relevant professional qualification (surveying or building maintenance qualification preferred)
- Recent experience of managing multi-site maintenance contracts in a commercially focussed role
- Some experience of operating within a performance focused environment delivering key performance indicators
- Strong management and organisational skills are required with a proven ability to effectively recruit, manage and develop staff
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer care skills
- Due to the nature of this position travel is required; therefore it is essential that candidates hold a full, UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary, up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 18 July 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.