- Facilitate all inward and outbound stock movements for the branch efficiently, following company procedures, and using IT systems where appropriate.
- Pick and pack goods in an efficient, timely and safe manner.
- Actively maintain and improve housekeeping throughout working hours ensuring that stored goods are kept tidily and in the correct place, using mechanical handling equipment where appropriate in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure that with all aspects of Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in all daily activities.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the branch by supporting other staff in meeting Customer Service levels.
- Continually review operating systems, procedures and practices, recommending any changes to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency and to reduce costs.
- 6 months previous experience desirable
- Educated to Secondary education levels, to the standard of GSCEs, NVQ’s level II or equivalent.
- Basic IT Skills
Rexel is a global industrial distributor serving the Electrical, PPE and MRO sectors with over 30,000 employees and operations in over 37 Countries. In the UK Rexel has over 3,500 staff working from 300+ branches for 5 leading brands; Newey & Eyre, WF Senate, Denmans, Wilts and Parker Merchanting.
We value people who have a sense of urgency and excitement, who demonstrate candour, insight and creativity, and thrive in an environment of change and challenge. We value people who take the company personally - being a part of Rexel UK means being part of the most exciting customer focused electrical wholesaler, a place where employees want to build their futures. Rexel is an equal opportunities employer.