Technical Project Manager
£40k – £50k (Flexible DOE)
My global leader client based in Warwick is looking for a Technical Project Manager to be responsible for planning, driving and contributing to the delivery of major technology projects from inception through to completion.
Looking for someone to leverage their technical background and management skills, the successful candidate will manage a team to successfully deliver complex IT solutions.
· Be flexible and capable to both plan and lead large systems projects and contribute as a working team member through the SDLC
· Prepare required project documentation including project plans, project charter, project budgets, status reports, risk assessment plans, change requests and resource requests
· Provide mentorship and guidance to individual team members to enable project success and promote individual professional growth
· Run sessions with clients to gather and understand detailed requirements and develop functional specifications
· Participate in solutions design, contributing to the development of high level architecture thru to delivery of detailed technical specifications for solution
· Support the team as necessary through the SDLC to meet project deliverables. This may include documentation, code review, developing and running test cases, etc.
· Facilitate successful delivery of projects by ensuring on schedule, on budget and in scope
· Participate in project management programs including project reviews, process initiatives and identification and implementation of best practices
Desired skills & experience;
· Experience managing information systems projects with teams of 5+ individuals
· Experience designing, developing, testing and implementing systems projects
· Significant experience gathering requirements and developing functional specifications
· Experienced in technical design, configuration, development and testing of information systems
· Proven ability to manage: Project objectives and milestones within budget and quality requirements; Project risks and recommend appropriate solutions; Concurrent projects simultaneously
· Adaptable and able to effectively manage internal and external project changes
· Proven experience scheduling and managing tasks and budgets in MS project or similar project tracking tool
· Experience working in a consulting environment, with a track record of successfully delivering projects on time and on or under budget for external clients. Understands and appreciates the effects of cost overruns on project profitability.
· Ability to travel globally
Commutable from: Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon, Redditch, Rugby, Coventry, Solihull, Birmingham, Nuneaton, Northampton
Vantage Consulting (Stafford) is the leading Web & Software recruitment company in the Midlands, if this role is not for you but you want to have a confidential conversation about other opportunities, please get in touch.