Supporting the business and our divisional offices, our Head Office functions cover all departments from our Executive Board through to our support functions such as Group Design & Technical, HR, Health & Safety, IT, Sales & Marketing, Commercial, Procurement, Group Finance, Corporate Affairs, as well as Legal and Company Secretariat. We also have a specialised function - Barratt Partnerships.
While the work varies from team to team, our key requirements don’t. You must be well organised, extremely helpful and resourceful, and able to use your initiative. You’ll understand that what you do is important, and impacts on your team, the department, and the wider business.
Summary of Role
To work as part of the Group Sustainability and Innovation team, dealing with the impacts on the business from the Governments Sustainability and Zero Carbon Homes agenda, and helping to deliver continual improvement to what we build, through analysing and evaluating both on and off site improvement opportunities.
What Will I Be Responsible For?
- Liaise and support management of external SAP and EPC providers to ensure all standard calculations are delivered as required and on time.
- Provide all necessary information to Architectural Technicians to ensure working drawings are updated and reviewed in light of all relevant regulation changes
- Continually review opportunities to improve thermal performance of our homes through cost/benefit analysis
- Assist team providing necessary information to divisions on all relevant changes to Policy and Regulation
- Provide advice and assistance to divisions in dealing with Sustainability implications, such as Renewables & Code for Sustainable Homes obligations, and the changes through the Housing Standards Review.
- Assist in the analysis of Alternative Methods of Construction, travelling and visiting potential suppliers as required
- Represent the business at external workshops and taskgroups, ensuring we keep abreast of all goings on in the industry relevant to Sustainability and Innovation
- Help to deliver Supply Chain engagement ‘sandpits’ and other internal and external engagement sessions to help share knowledge around Sustainability and Innovation
- Where necessary, manage the appointment of consultants to assist with relevant projects
- Knowledgeable and interested in Sustainability and Innovation within the Technical aspects of Housebuilding
- Good understanding of the housebuilding process, with a particular emphasis on the Technical function
- Able to understand complex Governmental Policy and Regulation and be able to apply this to the business
- Quick learner, with good background knowledge of Sustainability in Housebuilding
- Preferably a good working knowledge of SAP, renewable technologies and fabric improvement options
- Good written and verbal communication and influencing skills, with proven experience of successfully dealing with people at all levels within the industry
- Able to build mutually beneficial relationships both internally and externally
- Keen and interested in driving continually improvement in the business
What About The Benefits?
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 days Holiday
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
Leicester, Coalville, Bardon
Group Support Centre
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm
Barratt Developments PLC
Full-time fixed term
19 July 2015