- Job Reference
- No. of Openings
- Job Locations
- US-IL-West Dundee
- No. of Openings Remaining
- Spectroscopy Products Division
About Renishaw: Renishaw is one of the world's leading engineering and scientific technology companies, with expertise in precision measurement and healthcare. The company supplies products and services used in applications as diverse as jet engine and wind turbine manufacture, through to dentistry and brain surgery. It is also a world leader in the field of additive manufacturing (also referred to as metal 3D printing), where it is the only UK business that designs and makes industrial machines which ‘print' parts from metal powder.
Position Summary: Renishaw Inc is seeking a Service Engineer for our Raman Division. This position involves installation and services of Raman Microscopes.
- Installation, service, and training of Raman microscopes and accessories
- Utilize case management to document installations, service, and issues
- Travel on average 60% of the time, make these travel arrangements, and report on expenses
- Remote and technical support for customer issues
- Install and service of Spectroscopy products in the USA, Canada and Mexico
- Customer training (basic and advanced)
- System fault finding, diagnosis, and repair
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Provide technical support to customers
- Assemble parts for orders/prepare instruments for shipment
- Scheduling of visits and booking travel arrangements
- Expense reporting
- Associates degree in science focused in Physics, chemistry, electrical, mechanical, or optical engineering
- Understanding of electrical and mechanical components including but not limited to detectors (single point, and 2-D arrays), high speed encoded motors, reference switches, and kinematic mounts.
- Understanding of materials science, chemistry, and biochemistry desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Physics, Chemistry, Electrical, Mechanical, or Optical Engineering)
- Experience with Renishaw Raman Spectroscopy products
- Experience aligning microscopes, spectrometers, lasers, and optics
- To conform to U.S. Government ITAR regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR (http://pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html).
- Employer will not sponsor Visa’s for this position
The successful applicant will have a highly organized and motivated approach to work. A good team worker, they will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Finally the individual in this role will be a good and analytical problem solver, able to demonstrate root cause analysis.
West Dundee, IL
Renishaw’s Comprehensive Benefits package includes:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending plans
- Life, short and long term disability insurance
- Paid time off
- 401K retirement plan