Ref MAX8366 Job Posted 11/02/2018 Region North and Scotland Location Manchester Salary Circa £40k - £55k + Car + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
Due to increased workload a Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to work for a leading main contractor on a Manchester Airport Framework Agreement. The successful candidate will be responsible for all commercial matters on a project / number of packages on the Manchester Airport Transformation Programme West Apron Works.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all commercial matters on a project / number of packages on the Manchester Airport Transformation Programme West Apron Works.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to a Managing QS, the SQS will be responsible for:
· Ensuring accurate records are maintained for their projects
· Ensure appropriate sub-contractor agreements are in place across their projects
· Producing accurate monthly internal and external cost value reconciliations across their packages / projects
· Ensuring change is captured and all notices are issued.
· Instigating any dispute resolution, ensuring all claim notices are issued.
· Ensuring the prompt settlement of Final Accounts
· Assisting with tendering projects under the existing MAG Framework
Desired Skills and Experience
• Candidates must have a proven track record of successfully delivering projects as a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the Aviation sector. Specifically civil engineering related.
• Knowledge of the business risks and opportunities associated with project delivery within the Aviation sector.
• Experience of management of key suppliers including sub-contractors and designers.
• Ideally you will have worked for a main contractor and have knowledge of NEC3 contracts
• Applicants must be qualified to a minimum of HND level (or a similar equivalent qualification)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK’s largest main contractors with an excellent reputation for delivering exciting, major projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a highly regarded employer within the construction industry and work to industry leading processes and systems with highly professional colleagues.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Negotiable basic salary (dependant on relevance and quality of experience)
Guide salary in the region of £40k - £55k
+ Company Car or Car Allowance
+ Other benefits