Senior Quantity Surveyor – London
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for directly liaising with and assisting the Commercial Manager to ensure the successful implementation of projects. The successful candidate will provide budget preparation, estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and be attending various site meetings. The company is a progressive contractor with operations in both the UK and Ireland, who has a substantial pipeline of work over the next 3-5 years.
- Effectively communicate with the Commercial Manager on a daily basis advising of any issues that may affect the cost, value or margin of the projects.
- Be able to communicate Contract/Sub-Contract advice to site based staff.
- Keeping accurate relevant records.
- Ensure subcontract accounts are managed within budgets and subcontracts/final accounts are signed and agreed in a timely manner.
- Collate commercial information for drafting Cost Value Reconciliations on a monthly basis to deadlines.
- Dealing with Subcontract disputes and ensuring payment notices are in place and in line with current legislation.
- Producing Project Variations including tracking documents and assessment of value taken to monthly Cost Value Reconciliation document.
- Final Accounts -assessment of and timely submission of final accounts giving regular updates to the client to ensure expectations are aligned.
- Advise on and mitigate the effects of disputes – Recognise potential contractual issues on site and make good records including photographs and written statements to protect Caledonians interests.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related construction discipline.
- 5 years Relevant Experience.
- £ 50 million – New Build 180-bedroom hotel
Salary and Package
Base – £75/£80k