Job Reference: MF/HQ29789_1497609920 Location: Bristol Discipline:/ Controls and Automation / Engineering Management Salary Range:
£35000 to 45000 per Annum + Bonus Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer (Building Services)
Salary: c£45,000 Bonus Package
Purpose of role:
Acting as the Senior Mechanical Engineer your role will include design, project management, client management, developing new propositions and strategic input to the rapid growth of our established team. To be considered for the position of Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be at chartered status or working towards it, and have a strong background in Building Services including generation technologies and renewable or low carbon heat/power sources including CHP, heat pumps, gas/ biomass boilers, controls.
Senior Mechanical Engineers Key Accountabilities:
* Detailed design of heating, power and cooling energy systems, including district heating.
* Supporting our wider consultancy practice as required to deliver high quality technical analysis and reports including energy audits, stock assessments, scoping studies, options appraisals and detailed engineering design, identifying and prioritise cost effective energy efficiency solutions.
* Prepare detailed drawings, specifications and subsequent tender documentation.
* Preparation of project cost estimates.
* Project management including the co-ordination of technical, commercial and procurement advice from internal and external associates.
* Manage multiple client relationships, liaise with clients to determine their requirements, assist clients with on-going enquires.
* Support the development of new propositions, identifying market needs and subsequent opportunities.
* Spotting innovations and making the business case for pursuing them.
Senior Mechanical Engineers relevant Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar client-facing role in the energy and wider building services/energy efficiency industry.
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
* Experience of working on heat networks from communal to district scale.
* Very strong technical skills including applying engineering first principles.
* Ability to calculate carbon savings, fuel cost savings and whole life costings of measures.