- Reference number
- East Midlands
- Sub location
- Engineering: Civil
- Employment type
- Full Time - Permanent
- Hourly Rate Bands
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the technical viability of the project works, (or part of the project works). Participate in the health and safety, quality and environmental management of the project.
Setting out for roadworks including associated structures and substructures.
Reviewing and logging drawing issue changes.
Completing quality documentation.
- Implementation of Quality planning and controls to ensure project compliance with the Specification and the Quality, Health, Safety, Environmental and Sustainability Company Policies;
- Undertake the roles appropriately assigned within the contract PMP: setting out, issuing permits;
- Checking and ensuring that the project works comply with the requirements of the contract specification and drawings etc. and maintaining appropriate records etc to confirm such compliance;
- Maintain records of work done and site activities including as built records, quality records, diaries and allocation sheets;
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems;
- Maintain and develop client relationships;
- Actively mentor and develop graduates and trainees.
- Safety Level 1 course;
- CITB Level 2 Safety Course SSSTS (Desirable);
- Appropriate CSCS card (essential);
- Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent (Desirable);
- First Aid at Work (4 day) (Desirable);
- New Roads and Streetworks supervisor (Desirable);
- CPD evidence of relevant post graduate practical training e.g. attendance on courses for Forms of Contract, Scaffolding Appreciation, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H&S Management, e.t.c. (Desirable);
- CAT and Genny training (Desirable);
- Has held a similar position with a Civil Engineering Contractor for a sustained period;
- Can set out using Theodolite and tape, total station including uploading co-ordinate data;
- Levelling for kerb pins, drainage, earthworks profile boards and batter rails;
- Setting up pipe and rotating lasers;
- Experience of working within the highways sector (Desirable);
- Experienced at undertaking quality checks, making concrete cubes etc (Desirable);
- Experienced in Word, Excel, Outlook, power point;
- Produce As-built records and drawings (Desirable);
- Knowledge of BIM (Desirable);
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project (Desirable);
- AutoCAD – as built drawings, bespoke site sketches (Desirable);
- Specification for Highway works.
- Relevant Technical knowledge and ability to visualize and interpret drawings;
- Good practical knowledge of site setting out, control and checking using EDM, pipe lasers, laser levels and GPS equipment;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Behaviour 1: supportive of others in their goals;
- Behaviour 2: trust and respect; deliver your work on time, be open and transparent, respect confidential information;
- Behaviour 3: Challenge constructively;
- Behaviour 4: Issue resolution: embrace issues and try to find solutions but always escalate to leaders when they cannot be resolved;
- Behaviour 5: Innovation and continual improvement; be prepared to explore new opportunities, voice your ideas and be creative;
- Behaviour 6: Engagement; Listen, communicate, respond promptly;
- Behaviour 7: Accountability; take responsibility for your actions, understand your job role;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Good time management;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong team-working skills;
- Systematic/organised, Enthusiastic, Confident, Personable;
- Resourceful, Reliable.
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.62 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.
We are an Investors in Diversity accredited Company & committed to equal opportunities for all.
We are looking for an experienced (ENTER JOB TITLE) to work from our SITE/OFFICE in (ENTER LOCATION). IF GEORGE ROAD ADD (Please note, we will be relocating from our current office in Erdington, Birmingham to our new Head Quarters in Bickenhill Lane, Solihull from Q1 2018). This role is offered on a (ENTER FULL/PART TIME AND PERM OR FIXED TERM) basis. In return we are offering a (ENTER SALARY IF RM HAS GIVEN APPROVAL) competitive salary, plus (AMEND company car/allowance), flexible benefits, 24 days annual leave entitlement, share plans, company pension and private medical insurance (AMEND BENEFITS DEPENDING ON THE ROLE e.g. fixed term/operative/Paragon roles don’t get all package elements).
As part of our recruitment process all job offers are subject to a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check. If DBS REQUIRED "Due to the nature of the work for this role the successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure through the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information on the Disclosure process can be found at www.gov.uk/dbs".