- Vacancy title
- Quantity Surveyor
- Contract type
- Full time permanent
- West Midlands
Talented people are the key to our success
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business for an ambitious and talented Quantity Surveyor. The role will sit within the Fusion HS2 Joint Venture which is undertaking the £300million Enabling Works Contract for the whole of the central section of HS2 Phase 1 (C1, C2, C3).
The successful candidate will be joining the existing team of passionate and dedicated professionals working together on this innovative project.
The Quantity Surveyor will maintain commercial information to the contract, satisfying the needs of both the customer, Fusion and Morgan Sindall in terms of reporting contract commercial performance.
We are looking for people who share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Contribute to achieving the appropriate commercial result through the provision of accurate financial reporting
- Manage subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually, in order to secure full entitlements under the contract
- Understand fully the customer’s needs and ensure effective relationships are built and maintained by consistently high customer service and on site delivery
- Provide support to the site team on contract requirements
- Identify, secure and deliver the business forecast in both turnover and margin
- Place subcontract orders in accordance with the main contract and manage subcontractor accounts ensuring payments are timely and correct and any other commercial issues are resolved
The post-holder will be HND or Degree in Quantity Surveying (or other commercially related discipline) and RICS accredited. Previous experience within large infrastructure schemes would be advantageous.
About the Project:
Fusion is a fully integrated, unincorporated joint venture that connects three of the UK’s most experienced infrastructure companies - Morgan Sindall Infrastructure Services, BAM Nuttall Ltd and Ferrovial Agroman. Amey, part of Ferrovial, is an affiliated member of the Joint Venture.
High-speed rail is the worldwide standard for long-distance, inter-city rail travel. Britain is now investing in high-speed rail to create space on overcrowded networks and to enable large numbers of people to move efficiently. This requires a new network, High Speed Two, which will take long-distance travellers onto new high-speed trains with fewer stops, enabling them to make their journeys more quickly. The wider benefits of High Speed Two will be substantial, whether in economic terms, improved connections, an exciting and efficient travel experience or more comfortable, reliable local rail services.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.