|Location:||England > Bristol > Bristol/ South West|
|Salary / Hourly Rate:||£40000.00 to £55000.00per annum DOE, NEGOTIABLE|
|Sector:||Building and Construction|
Acorn have an excellent permanent opportunity with huge potential for growth.
The position is with an established main contractor looking to continue their growth in the South West region.
The role is for an established Quantity Surveyor with at least 3 years in a Quantity Surveying role with a main contractor.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate that wants to see a clear career path ahead of them from Quantity Surveyor through to Commercial Manager and beyond.
About the role:
Working on projects with a value between £5 - £15m range including commercial builds, refurbishments, student accommodation and residential new builds.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the commercial management and control of a designated construction project from mobilisation through to completion which are managed by our clients regional office in Bristol.
- Ensure continued compliance with the Company's Quality System procedures and maintain appropriate records.
- Ensure personal and Company compliance with all relevant Health & Safety Legislation and Statutory Requirements, and that the Group Health & Safety Policy is fully implemented on site.
- Ensure compliance with company procedures in entering into contracts and the appointment of sub-contractors.
- Writing technical, factual and interpretative reports, ensuring the recovery of high quality accurate technical data, to agreed timescale.
- Assist with all technical aspects of projects from office to a site as requested and maintaining positive relationships with clients and staff - taking actions accordingly.
- Ensure that all contracts, reports, accounts are prepared, checked and completed to the required timescale and standard.
- Maintain communication with client throughout the duration of a project, ensuring resolution of problems as they arise with a view to securing future works with the client.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of applications for payment and monitor the identification of entitlements and receipts of payments.
- Monitor the submission of contractual notices and the agreement of measurement, day work and other site records.
- Ensure that all measures and accounts for the department are settled within the agreed timescale.
- Ensure development of project is in line with client expectations.
- Prepare financial reports as required and identify progress and settle claims and counter claims.
- Ensure the maintenance of company files and relevant documents, correspondence, drawings and other records.
- Encouraging self-development and self-motivation.
- Maintain positive relations with the general public, and all other persons affected by the Company's activities.
- Encourage positive relationships with existing and new contractors and suppliers.
- Be aware of tender allowances with a view to ensuring financial success of a project.
- Monitor the progress of a project, highlighting reasons for delays and disruption and prepare procurement programmes and, as required, purchasing schedules.
- Coordinate and control the ordering of plant and materials and the activities of subcontractors together with direct labour.
- Monitor quality and minimise waste.
- Attend and contribute to project review meetings, prepare information as requested.
- Prepare and produce reports and information as requested by the Commercial Manager or Commercial Director.
About the Candidate:
- Ambitious individual looking to learn more and progress.
- Experience with a main contractor.
- Good team player
Benefits package including Car / Car Allowance, Health care, Pension.