|Area||Chesterfield, Nottingham, Rotherham, Sheffield|
£36,000 + Benefits
Our client are a modern aerospace engineering business and are a leading supplier of mechanical systems to the aerospace market.
To use and deploy structured problem solving tools and techniques in line with the company's RCCA procedures and policies. Â To facilitate RCCA initiatives and improvement projects, completed in line with company objectives and expectations. The improvement of delivered product quality via compliance and agreed specifications. Â Monitoring compliance via process audits of company systems and procedures.
- Responsible for the facilitation of RCCA events in line with the company,s documented RCCA process. Â This will include ensuring the effective use of cross functional teams employing defined problem solving techniques with the aim of reducing non-conformance throughout the manufacturing process.Â
- Responsible for the performing of scheduled internal process audits throughout the organisation. Â These will, where relevant, include industry and customer specific requirements e.g. AS9100 for the aerospace industry.Â
- Responsible for overseeing our client's Quality Clinic, which has been set up in line with the requirements of the UTAS Gold quality accreditation.
- The management, preparation and submission of relevant customer specific documentation for concerns/complaints/improvements.Â
- The management, preparation and submission of relevant customer specific documentation for FAIRs.Â
- The management, preparation and submission of relevant customer specific documentation for the concession process.Â
- Documentation control and issue of documents to the correct company process.
- Effectively liaise with internal and external customers in person, by telephone or in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other areas of the business.Â
Training and support responsibilities
- Promote team work and a learning culture throughout the business by coaching and training.
- To continually seek to improve existing working practices and exceed targets and standards set.
- To behave in a way that is consistent with the organisations competencies and the expectations for the role through:
- Complying with organisational policies, procedures and working practices;
- Attending and leading meetings as necessary for the delivery of organisational and personal objectives;
- Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate for the role.