Are you looking for a new senior management role in construction? We are currently recruiting for a Construction Project Manager in Sussex.
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: July 2017
Duration: 5 months
Salary/Rate: £300-£350 per day
Randstad Contact: Lizzie Dodd, Maidstone Branch
Our client is leading construction services contractor that operates globally and specialises across most sectors of the construction industry.
A fast-track heavy cut & carve refurbishment scheme valued at £8 million which involves converting existing space within a live environment in to a new leisure complex. The programme is 5 months with enabling works currently underway.
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for a well resourced team and role will consist of but not be limited to:
* Responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of the project.
* Produce a detailed lead project programme using Asta Power Power Projects, monitor and report on progress against targets.
* Manage and maintain the project budgetary requirements.
* Resolve technical problems with the aid of a Design Manager ensuring works are completed to the correct specification and QA standards.
* Effectively lead and manage the project team which consists of Design Manager, Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Temporary Works Coordinator and Site Engineers.
* Point of contact for the client & their representatives, Engineers, Architects & Designers.
* Chairing project review meetings with the client and contractors.
* Ensuring sufficient resources are in place through while maintaining budget for successful completion of the project.
* Providing regular progress updates to Directors.
* Relevant qualifications and experience as a Project Manager
* Full understanding of current Health & Safety Legislation
* Knowledge and experience of cut & carve refurbishment major projects.
* Sound judgement and problem solving skills
* Commercial and contractual awareness
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.