Vacancy Reference Number 58712BR
Job Title Pharmacy Technician
Location Glasgow, Argyle Street
Function Area Other Pharmacy Roles
Pharmacy Support Colleagues
Contract Type Permanent
Shift Pattern Full time flexible - including weekends
Hours per week Over 35 hours per week
Closing date 30-Jun-2017
Job Description The importance of your role.
Be part of our ambition to be the world’s leading Pharmacy-led retailer. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re proud to offer legendary care every day; it’s what sets us apart from other UK Pharmacy chains.
This is a great opportunity to develop your Pharmacy career and make a difference to the lives of our patients.
How will you do it?
With a technical yet personable approach, you’ll inspire the pharmacy team around you, making sure that our standards reflect that we care about our patients. Legally and ethically we want to give them the very best service.
Accuracy and care is what this role is all about. You will deliver the safe and effective running of the pharmacy and healthcare business, and lead the day-to-day running of the dispensary. You will be an expert in the technical aspects of the supply of medicines, whilst delivering excellent patient care.
Guiding and supporting your pharmacy team and working closely with the Pharmacist and Store Leader you’ll be influential in growing our business.
What you’ll be doing day to day
You will help deliver the safe and effective running of the pharmacy and healthcare business, and lead the day-to-day running of the dispensary.
Your duties will include:
- Responsibility for legal, safe & ethical decision-making in the pharmacy.
- Delivering on-target delivery of items and services income.
- Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots.
- Tailoring conversations with every customer to ensure they leave your pharmacy feeling informed and confident about their healthcare needs and coaching other pharmacy team members to do the same.
- Seeking opportunities to engage external stakeholders to secure locally commissioned services and drive services and items.
- Delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensures dispensing losses are minimised.
- Ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and checking of prescriptions.
What you’ll need to have.
We’re offering you an exciting career opportunity. It’s a chance to continue your professional and pharmacy journey. You will need to have an NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services (or equivalent), and be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council to join us.
But it isn’t just about experience, we’re looking for people with a genuine passion for customer care, who will coach and lead the dispensary team, and deliver pharmacy strategy in partnership with the team.
To work within our dispensaries you also need to have completed a Medicines Counter Assistant (NVQ2) qualification or equivalent.
You may wish to become an Accuracy Checking Technician (ACT) with us; we can give you the training and support you need in order to achieve this. As you continue to develop your healthcare knowledge through these qualifications and roles, this will be reflected in your pay and benefits.
Excitingly, this is just one of several routes your career could take you within Boots!