|Salary||£30,000 - £40,000/annum|
|Job Status||Applicants Required|
An exciting opportunity to work for a global Automotive OEM as part of a manufacturing design team. You will benefit from market leading development opportunities as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
tooling, jigs, fixtures, machine cells, robot cells, body BIW, production line, catia
The successful engineer will be involved in the development of production lines for one of the worlds most popular vehicles. Designing, sourcing and managing production technology for the UK Manufacturing team, with the aim of creating a high-efficiency production line.
Mechanical design of body: primarily welding jigs, fixtures, special purpose machines and robot cells.
Ideally a minimum of 3yrs experience within the following: -
- B.I.W weld fixtures and equipment design. (Welding of individual panel parts to form sub assembles)
- Special purpose machines welding.
- Mechanical design, detailing, assembly drawing, bill of materials and geometrical tolerancing.
- 3D Solid Modelling.
- Awareness of hydraulic, pneumatic and basic electrical control systems.
- Demonstrate experience of problem solving and implementation of successful countermeasures.
HNC or higher in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3D Cad experience (Ideally Catia V5).
- Good team member and communication skills are a must.
- Must be proactive, assertive, open and responsive to change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to a tight timescale
- Willingness to work extra hours when & where required.
Our client is only open to applications from candidates who hold the right to live and work in the UK and are unable to consider applications of engineers requiring a working VISA.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.