Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum
Date Posted: September 22, 2017
Our client, a world leader in rotating equipment design, is looking to add an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to their team. The role is predominantly office based but will on occasion require some foreign travel for site surveys and client project kick-off meetings (estimate no more than 4 weeks per year). The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will benefit from a competitive salary and benefits package with the opportunity for rapid career progression.
Mechanical Design Engineer – Role and Responsibilities – Rotating Equipment / Mechanical Engineering / CAD
* Producing layout and manufacturing drawings, Bills of Materials on ERP system (SAP), issue of drawings to company document management system
* Calculations for component stresses, weights, cooling water flowrates, shrink fits (using company standard spreadsheets).
* Processing spares orders requiring technical input.
* Liaising with production engineering on Design for Manufacture
* Liaising with Sales Department on contract specification and timescales.
* Liaising with suppliers to source suitable components
Mechanical Design Engineer – Skills and Experience – Rotating Equipment / Mechanical Engineering / CAD
* Experience designing mechanical components, casting and steel fabrications
* Awareness of cost factors
* Ability to apply classical engineering calculations to real life design problems
* An engineering degree
* 2D CAD & 3D System operation (OneSpace Modeller, PTC Creo, Inventor)
* Good time management to be able to prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
Mechanical Design Engineer, CAD, Rotating Equipment, Mechanical Engineering
This is an excellent role for the right candidate. If you feel you meet the above requirements, please do apply now.