- £26000 - £28000 per annum
- Posted: 13/11/2017
- Job Ref: 041224718
Digital Marketing and Communications Officer
Temporary to Permanent
Salary: £26,000 up to £28,000/pa
One of our Birmingham based clients is looking for a Digital Marketing and Communications Officer.
The post holder will report to the Digital Marketing and Communications Manager and will work closely with the Marketing and Communications team. The post holder will have dealings with a wide cross-section of staff, working with academic and other Professional Services staff, and a close collaborative relationship with staff who have varying degrees of responsibility currently in preparing and publishing web content.
The person in this role will manage online marketing and communications activities across the whole of the department. Combining technical know-how with an understanding of the content required for the organisation's multiple audiences, the post holder will ensure the websites they are responsible for are a quality, relevant and up-to-date communications channel. They will take responsibility for ensuring that content across all of these websites is well-written, and that digital content is utilised effectively to meet the aims and objectives outlined in the team's strategy, and those strategies of the organization.
- Take overall responsibility for developing, monitoring, managing and maintaining websites.
- You will act as a primary coordinator of web projects and developments across the organization and quality control for the web pages.
- Line management of the Marketing and Events Administrator (Apprentice) post to support the development of the website and assist the team with a range of events and marketing related activities to promote the department.
- Hold overall editorial and approver responsibility for websites, which involves high-level expertise and skills in copywriting, including editing, research, fact checking, proofreading and ensuring all content adheres to the organization guidelines, including house style.
- Writing new web content and editing existing content, ensuring that content is accurate and up-to-date at all times, in liaison with content stakeholders as appropriate. This will include moderating writing style according to knowledge of target markets, which will require an in-depth knowledge of the current key corporate messages, and a thorough knowledge of the organization, its media profile, the city and the surrounding areas.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
- Good degree level education or equivalent work experience
- At least two years' experience of working in a digital marketing, web and communications environment
- Successful management and delivery of projects to time and quality criteria
- Computer literate with an expert understanding of web content including structure and navigation
- Significant experience of using web content management systems to an intermediate or advanced level
- Substantial experience in online communications and excellent written communication skills, with experience in writing and editing corporate websites for large organisations, preferably in higher education
- Knowledge of standards-compliancy, writing for W3C accessibility and usability issues
- Knowledge of legal web-related issues including accessibility, copyright, data protection and freedom of information
- Confident and competent in the use of database systems and electronic communication
- Experience of explaining new developments and techniques to diverse range of staff
- Experience of working with digital media and producing online video
- Ability, interest and enthusiasm for gaining the necessary understanding and appreciation of the research and teaching activities of the College
Full job description available.
If interested please apply or call Sara 01216435000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org