Start date: 12 Feb 2018
Job reference: PE10983012
Branch: London Primary South West
Consultant: Georgia Mackenzie
Call: 020 8971 1285
Job description Protocol Education are currently looking for driven, positive and experienced candidates to work as Learning Support Assistants or as a Teaching Assistant within Special Needs Schools in South London. Particularly we are looking for candidates who are experienced in supporting children with Profound and Complex needs and have the appropriate skills and knowledge to assist the children in the correct way.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Have good verbal and written communication skills
• Have the ability to carry out instructions
• Can remain calm and patient in stressful situations
• Have the ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
• Can establish positive working relationships with adults and children
Also candidates who do have past experience with the following:
- Manual handling and using hoists and other assisted aides
- Personal care - feeding and changing
- Use of equipment such as sensory equipment
- Experience administering medication
- Experience of communication using PECS and Makaton
If you believe you are the right candidate, please apply today - we would love to hear from you!
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00.