Salary £22,074 - £27,592
Full time: 45.5 hours per week (Including on-call)
Joining the UK’s leading funeral provider as a Funeral Director, you’ll look after our clients as if they were members of your own family. Taking care of the small details. And the big ones. You’ll provide vital support and guidance at a time of massive emotional upheaval – thinking of everything and creating a unique celebration of someone’s life. Helping people when they’re at their most vulnerable is a real privilege. If you believe this as strongly as we do, join us in a truly meaningful career.
What you’ll do
• Lead, organise and conduct uniquely special tributes and ceremonies
• Listen, understand and anticipate the needs of families of all backgrounds
• Pitch-in to support the Funeralcare team in any capacity when required – from supporting relatives to preparing, dressing and moving the deceased
• Make sure everything runs smoothly, every day and be on-call when necessary
• Support the team’s needs and personal development
• Play an active role within the community, building strong relationships with people and acting as a trusted and well-respected ambassador for
Working in Funeralcare can be quite a balancing act. On the one hand, it’s tough. On the other it’s incredibly rewarding. Providing practical, hands-on care for the deceased of all ages and circumstances calls for high levels of understanding, empathy and compassion. Working alongside the deceased and their grieving relatives at times of high emotion and pressure isn’t for everyone. It takes a cool head and a warm heart, so please think carefully before you apply.
What you’ll bring
• The ability to support with heavy lifting duties, and a practical, hands-on approach
• A can-do attitude combined with a caring nature and emotional maturity
• The ability to accurately capture and share vital details of the deceased to help make each tribute uniquely special
• The credibility to provide a confidential, sensitive and discrete service
• An appreciation that you only get one chance to deliver a perfect final tribute
172 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale created an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they’re stronger. And that principles are just as important as profits. They were pioneers. And they left us a legacy that’s never been more important or relevant than it is today.
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from all people. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We want to change the world all over again. And we know that to achieve our goal, we need to recruit teams that reflect the communities we serve. We’re committed to equal opportunities, and we’re re-discovering the pioneering spirit on which a British institution was built. If you believe in our purpose, then join us. And make a real contribution to the revival of an iconic British brand.
Thanks for your interest in the role, if you have decided to apply then we will be in touch with you on or after the closing date so please bear with us during this time.